This cake was made for one of my most fucktacular friends. She likes cats, desserts, bragging about going to the gym, complaining about Leg Day, and makes me noms, so I made her a birthday cake.
If you want to be a good friend, you will make someone this cake too. Do it, don’t be an asshole.
For the diabeetus cake:
- 4 1/2 cups of flour, the vegan kind
- 1 teaspoon vegan baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder that fuckin’ vegans use
- 1 teaspoon vegan salt
- 2 1/4 cups of harm-free, vegan sugar
- 1 cup veggie oil, the vegan kind
- 3 teaspoons vegan vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract, it better be vegan
- 2 tablespoons vegan white vinegar
- 3 cups milk, make sure that shit is vegan
For the fucktacular icing:
- 1 cup shortening (Don’t use that animal fat shit. Make sure it’s vegan.)
- 6 cups vegan powdered sugar
- Prepared dry soy milk (or another type of dry vegan milk)
- 2 vanilla beans, make sure you get the vegan ones
- 1 bag of vegan toasted coconut flakes
*Note: I have learned one thing from reading a shitton of vegan cooking/baking blogs: Reiterate “vegan” on every ingredient, lest your audience forget they are looking at a vegan recipe.
Follow These Fuckin’ Steps For The Cake:
1. First, you need make the vegan buttermilk. To do this, put the milk and vinegar in a bowl, mix it up, and then allow that shit sit for a bit. Maybe 10 minutes or so. I sort of forgot how long I let mine sit because I didn’t set a timer. The mixture will curdle a little bit, but it is supposed to so don’t fuckin’ worry about it.
2. Once your super vegan buttermilk has set, mix it with the oil and and the two ultra vegan extracts. Be sure to recheck your ingredients to make sure they are vegan as fuck.
3. Add all the dry, vegan ingredients into bowl with your other vegan ingredients.
4. Mix the shit out of them.
5. Then, mix that shit some more.
6. Make sure your batter is all smooth n’ shit.
7. Pour that shit you just made into two 9-inch pans that are nicely lubed up with vegan lube (AKA: an oil of your choosing).
8. Put it in the oven for about 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until that shit is the lightest of browns and is slightly separating from the side of the pan.
9. When it is done, let that shit cool on a wire rack.
Fuck. You are awesome at making VEGAN cakes now.
Follow These Fuckin’ Steps For The Icing:
1. Veganly (you know, with the least harm possible) whip up the shortening.
2. Slowly mix in some powdered sugar.
3. As you are adding in powdered sugar, add in the vegan milk, tablespoons at a time, to make the icing more or less thick (depending on your fuckin’ tastes).
4. Cut open the vanilla beans and mix that shit in too. If you want, you can add some coconut extract (a teaspoon or two) for extra vegan goodness.
Spread that shit on the first layer and cram some toasted coconut on top. Add the next cake layer, and slather that fucktacular icing all over the cake. Then, try to put some more toasted coconut on the top and side of your cake to make that shit look nice.
TitTip: Add a border around the edge of your cakes to make them super, fuckin’ classy.
FYFI: I’m cool with being vegan and other vegans, but sometimes other vegans bother me. One of those things is to keep saying the ingredients throughout a vegan recipe are vegan. I KNOW THEY ARE! THAT’S WHY I CHOSE THIS FUCKIN’ RECIPE!
I wanted to take anyone who reads this post through that annoying journey. You are so fuckin’ welcome! However, I promise to not be this fuckin’ annoying in the future. Once is funny. Twice makes me an asshole.